Saturday, December 6, 2008

Campfire Cupcakes

Ok so I got creative in the kitchen again today. I had an order of 26 cupcakes and at the last minute was upped to 30. There isn't a recipe in the whole world that will make only 4 cupcakes so I made a batch and got frisky with the leftover batter. I took some crumbled graham cracker crumbs and put about a tablespoon in the bottom. Then, I nestled a chocolate wafer in the crumbs put half of a large marshmallow on top and then topped the marshmallow with another chocolate wafer. I piped the batter on top and baked for 22 minutes in the oven. They looked great when I took them out and as they cooled they sank in the center like a lava cake. I wanted to frost them, but with what? I thought of topping them with toasted marshmallows but then it came to me. Marshmallow Meringue. YUM! It turned out perfect. After topping each one with a dollop of the ooey gooey meringue, I popped them under the broiler until the were browned and looked like toasted marshmallows. These have to be my most successful experiment ever! I was a little worried about the messy factor but this also turned out to be perfect.


1 comment:

beebee said...

yummie!!!!!!!!!!!!
beebee