Friday, December 12, 2008

Malted Milkshake...I mean cake...




I love this one. I got the idea from a recipe book I have at home but it called for chocolate chips and other stuff in the batter that I didn't like. It also called for alot more sugar than I wanted and no malt in the batter. So anyway, I vamped it up and put malt in the batter, less sugar and no chocolate chips. The cake baked up beautifully and tastes very malty. I also made a malted buttercream. This was just a basic buttercream frosting and I added malt to the mixture. This also came out tasting great but I'm not crazy out the grittiness of the powdered sugar. I think I'll try another buttercream method and see how that works. The flavor is great though. And it looks cute too. It was suggested to me that maybe some chocolate on the inside might be yummy. We'll see...


No comments: